Nottingham Forest manager Sean O'Driscoll was braced for a frosty reception from his family after his side's 2-1 npower Championship win at Wolves.

Adlene Guedioura, sold by Wolves to Forest this summer fir £1million, returned to haunt his former club with a decisive 30-yard drive in the 57th minute to earn Forest their first win at Molineux in 30 years. Bjorn Sigurdarson had given Wolves the lead after five minutes before Billy Sharp equalised 12 minutes later.

Eight members of O'Driscoll's family are Wolves season-ticket holders and he said: "They want the Wolves to do well so I think they would have settled for a draw.

"We will have to wait and see. We have got a game on Tuesday so I am not even staying down. It might be the best thing for me to do to get out quick!"

O'Driscoll revealed a tactical switch at half-time was the key to his side's success, and he added: "In the first half it was end to end and it could have been any score. We had a discussion at half-time about changing things. They wanted to keep going as we were but as the manager you think we can't be that open.

"So we changed things a bit which stemmed their flow. But we are still a threat on the break and that proved to be the case."

The only disappointment for O'Driscoll, whose side are level on points with sixth-placed Millwall, was seeing striker Simon Cox carried off on a stretcher after 65 minutes with an ankle injury. Cox was taken straight to hospital in Nottingham.

O'Driscoll added: "He heard something crack at the back of his ankle and was in a lot of pain."

Wolves manager Stale Solbakken was again left to bemoan his side's inability to hold onto a lead as their poor run continued, and he said: "I was not happy with the way we defended. It was too open and we allowed them to counter-attack.

"There are very small margins but if you have not won in eight games then it is also a bit in the head as well. When they scored the second goal we struggled to get the rhythm in the game and they made it difficult for us."