Blackburn caretaker manager Gary Bowyer said he would be "100 per cent satisfied" if his side finished fourth from bottom after watching them climb out of the drop zone with a 2-0 win over Derby.

First-half goals from Jordan Rhodes and Scott Dann were enough to give Rovers their first win in 10 league games and end a run of two successive defeats.

Rhodes converted an early penalty and Dann headed in his fourth league goal of the season to inflict a second consecutive defeat on the Rams.

"The situation that we're in now, if we're fourth from bottom on May 4, there will be a lot of happy people," Bowyer said. "Not for the reasons we should be happy, but because we've stayed in this division.

"We can't look any further than Tuesday [when Huddersfield visit Ewood Park]. As much as we want to enjoy this win, we've got to refocus on preparing properly.

"I thought the energy we showed and the way they went about it was pleasing. We started the game on the front foot and got the penalty that settled us down and gave us confidence. It gave us a boost. Obviously to score right on half-time was excellent timing."

Bowyer also defended his midweek trip to Pune to see the club's owners, insisting it was never going to be a distraction, and added: "All along there was no hidden agenda. It was just to get clarification. It can be done on the phone but I needed to see the owners face to face and I came back positive. The players have been positive throughout."

Derby manager Nigel Clough questioned the amount of first-half injury-time played, after Dann notched in the third minute even though only one minute was indicated.

He said: "We certainly paid for our failures in both penalty areas. We spent the last couple of days chatting about keeping Blackburn quiet. To give the penalty away how we did was amateurish.

"It gave Blackburn a big lift and then we create three as good chances as you will get away from home. Then we conceded the killer second in disputed added time I have to say. He put a minute up and it was two minutes 25 seconds when they added the second which we just wondered what happened. We didn't see a stoppage."