Saturday 17th August

Nottingham Forest continued their flying start to the Sky Bet Championship season with a 3-0 victory over 10-man Bolton Wanderers to preserve their 100 per cent record.

Jamie Mackie opened the scoring after only two minutes, Andy Reid doubled the lead five minutes after half-time and Henri Lansbury made it three in the 65th minute.

Bolton, who had Darren Pratley sent off eight minutes into the second half, were one of the pre-season promotion favourites but they have taken only two points from their opening three games.

Watford are second but had to show their battling qualities in the match of the day against Reading at the Madejski Stadium.

Adam Le Fondre (8) and Jem Karacan (42) put Reading two up at the break and, although Marco Faraoni pulled one back in the 66th minute, Karacan restored the Royals' two-goal advantage four minutes later.

Watford were not finished, though, and Troy Deeney reduced the arrears with a 76th-minute penalty before substitute Diego Fabbrini rescued a 3-3 draw with an injury-time strike.

Blackpool, Burnley, Queens Park Rangers and Leicester City also have seven points, with young striker Tom Hitchcock scoring a last-minute winner on his Rangers debut to give Harry Redknapp's side a dramatic 1-0 victory over Ipswich Town.

Leicester beat local rivals Derby County by the same score, the only goal coming in the 37th minute as a Paul Coutts clearance hit goalkeeper Lee Grant for an unfortunate own goal.

Blackpool thought they would be joining Forest on nine points when Chris Basham gave them an 83rd-minute lead against Middlesbrough but the hosts were rewarded for persistence as Marvin Emnes made it 1-1 with almost the last kick of the game.

Burnley left it late against Yeovil Town, Keith Treacy (74) and Sam Vokes (79) earning them a 2-0 victory at Turf Moor.

Wigan Athletic were back in league action after losing to Manchester United in the Community Shield last weekend, and boss Owen Coyle was left fuming as his side went down 1-0 at Bournemouth.

Lewis Grabban scored the only goal of the game in the 43rd minute, capitalising on a poor back pass from James Perch.

Brett Pitman could have put the Cherries further ahead in the 55th minute but missed a penalty and four minutes later Wigan striker Callum McManaman was sent off.

He had only been on the pitch for three minutes and was shown a straight red for a tackle on Pitman, much to Coyle's anger.

It was the first red of his career for McManaman, who escaped punishment for a horror tackle on Newcastle United's Massadio Haidara last season.

At the bottom of the table, Millwall remain without a point or a goal after James Vaughan's 57th-minute header sealed a 1-0 victory for Huddersfield Town.

Oscar Garcia earned his first points as Brighton and Hove Albion boss in a 1-0 win over Birmingham City, Andy Crofts scoring the goal in the 73rd minute.

Barnsley and Charlton Athletic both remain without a win this season after the Addicks fought back from two down to secure a 2-2 draw.

The Tykes looked to be in control thanks to a goal in each half from Chris O'Grady at Oakwell, but Chris Powell's men fought back to leave both sides on one point.

Substitute Jordan Cousins gave the Londoners a lifeline in the 64th minute and Simon Church pulled them level eight minutes later.

In the early game, a fine solo goal from Ross McCormack earned Leeds United a 1-1 draw against Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday.

Kamil Zayatte had given Wednesday the lead in the 36th minute, with McCormack levelling 13 minutes after the break.

Friday 16th August

Goals from Theo Robinson and James Husband gave Paul Dickov his first Sky Bet Championship win in charge of Doncaster Rovers and left Blackburn Rovers counterpart Gary Bowyer already looking over his shoulder after a 2-0 defeat.

Robinson, who joined from Derby County earlier this week, immediately started paying back his £100,000 transfer fee with a first-half header and Husband made sure of the points with an attempted cross that went sailing into the far corner after the break.

Dickov's men were worthy winners and their nerves will be settled as they again aim to establish themselves in the second tier following promotion last year.