Thursday 30th January

Nottingham Forest's unbeaten run of Sky Bet Championship matches reached double figures after a rush of inspired substitutions completed a stunning comeback in a 4-2 win over Watford at the City Ground.

The Reds were behind to Gabriele Angella's double but Simon Cox, Darius Henderson and Jamie Mackie came off the bench and scored in the order in which they were introduced to turn the game on its head, before Cox netted again late on.

Billy Davies' side are now 10 games without defeat in the league, 12 matches in all competitions, and well positioned in the Play-Off places.

Watford remain a shadow of the team that reached last season's Play-Off Final and are languishing in 16th place, without a league win since Boxing Day.

Tuesday 28th January

Leicester City made it eight wins in a row with a 2-1 success at Birmingham City to remain eight points clear at the top of the Sky Bet Championship.

Lloyd Dyer put the Foxes in front in the 24th minute and that remained the only goal of the evening until Jamie Vardy and Peter Lovenkrands exchanged efforts in the closing minutes.

Lovenkrands' effort came too late to invite late drama and Leicester stay comfortably ahead of Queens Park Rangers in the standings.

Harry Redknapp's side were also 2-1 winners, Charlie Austin and Karl Henry giving them a two-goal cushion either side of half-time before Jay Spearing grabbed a consolation.

Former leaders Burnley lost ground on the automatic promotion places with a goalless draw at home to Brighton and Hove Albion.

Derby County are within a point of the Clarets in fourth, but only after a rousing comeback against bottom side Yeovil Town.

The relegation battlers took a surprise two-goal lead courtesy of John Lundstram and Ishmael Miller, but Steve McClaren's Rams scored three unanswered goals in the second half, including two in the last three minutes.

On-loan Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford scored for the third successive game before Craig Bryson and Chris Martin finished the job in a 3-2 win.

After their 7-1 demolition of Bolton Wanderers 10 days ago, Reading enjoyed a 5-1 win over managerless Blackpool.

Adam Le Fondre claimed a hat-trick, with Pavel Pogrebnyak and Hal Robson-Kanu also on target to keep the Royals in the Play-Off places.

Struggling Charlton Athletic suffered a 3-0 reverse at Doncaster Rovers, having lost Lawrie Wilson to a 35th-minute red card.

Chris Brown scored the resulting penalty, in between strikes from Abdoulaye Meite and Mark Duffy, taking Rovers four points above the drop zone.

The mid-table clash between Bournemouth and Huddersfield Town at Dean Court saw the home side come out 2-1 winners.

All three goals came after the interval, with Lewis Grabban's penalty and Tokelo Rantie's winner countering Calum Woods' 55th-minute effort.

Sheffield Wednesday substitute Giles Coke scored and saw red as the Owls drew 1-1 at Millwall.

Shane Lowry was also dismissed for the hosts, who had on-loan DJ Campbell to thank for their equaliser.

Leeds United ended a five-game losing sequence with a 1-1 home draw against Ipswich Town.

A sixth consecutive defeat looked on the cards when David McGoldrick put the Tractor Boys in front in the 57th minute, but a Ross McCormack penalty five minutes later restored parity.

Barnsley and Blackburn Rovers contested an entertaining 2-2 draw at Oakwell, Nick Proschwitz putting the Tykes ahead on debut.

Tom Cairney and Rudy Gestede ensured Rovers went into the break in front, but Chris O'Grady earned Barnsley a point from the penalty spot.

Middlesbrough and Wigan Athletic fought out a goalless draw in the remaining match.