Saturday 1st March

Leicester City maintained their eight-point lead at the top of the Sky Bet Championship after a comfortable 3-0 victory over lowly Charlton Athletic.

The Foxes showed why they are considered frontrunners for promotion with a clinical display at the King Power Stadium, with the explosive Jamie Vardy putting them on the front foot in the ninth minute with a cool finish.

Danny Drinkwater doubled the lead at the start of the second half after smashing home on the rebound while David Nugent put the seal on the win - and ensured the Addicks remain in the bottom three - when his low strike from just outside the area sailed past Charlton goalkeeper Ben Hamer.

Burnley moved five points clear of third-placed Derby County after beating the 10-man Rams 2-0 at Turf Moor.

The Clarets opened the scoring just before the half-hour mark through David Jones and their hopes were further boosted when their automatic promotion rivals had Chris Martin sent off shortly before half-time, with Dean Marney then sealing victory for the hosts in the 68th minute.

Queens Park Rangers avoided a fourth straight defeat as Jermaine Jenas' strike gave the London side a 1-1 draw at home to Leeds United.

Brian McDermott's men came out all guns blazing, with Ross McCormack missing a penalty in the 10th minute before atoning shortly afterwards to put the visitors ahead, although they would be denied three points when Jenas struck shortly before half-time.

Nottingham Forest missed the chance to move above Harry Redknapp's men and into fourth after being humbled 4-1 at home to Wigan Athletic, who have moved into the final Play-Off spot.

The game was finely poised when Jamie Paterson levelled for Forest early in the second half following Martyn Waghorn's 36th-minute opener but Latics stormed to victory with three goals in the final third of the match through Emmerson Boyce, James McArthur and Jordi Gomez.

Barnsley slumped to the foot of the table after a thumping 5-0 defeat at Huddersfield Town.

Keith Southern and Daniel Ward put Huddersfield two ahead just after the half hour and second-half goals from Adam Hammill and Sean Scannell either side of Adam Clayton's penalty sealed an emphatic win for the Terriers.

The result left Barnsley bottom of the standings following Yeovil Town's 1-1 draw at Reading in a match which saw the visitors have three men sent off.

The Glovers took the led through Shane Duffy but were hanging on when Byron Webster was the first player to be sent off before John Lundstram's own goal levelled things up.

Joe Ralls and Kieffer Moore were also dismissed as Yeovil finished the match with eight men.

Mohamed Medo, Joe Mason, Jay Spearing and Andre Moritz all scored as Bolton Wanderers hammered Lancashire rivals Blackburn Rovers 4-0, while Mathias Ranegie and Troy Deeney each bagged a brace as Watford dispatched Blackpool by the same scoreline.

David Lopez's penalty helped Brighton and Hove Albion move to within three points of the Play-Offs after a 1-0 win at Millwall, while Atdhe Nuhiu's 87th-minute penalty gave Sheffield Wednesday a 1-0 win over Middlesbrough, who had Dean Whitehead sent off for handling Leon Best's goalbound shot.

Yann Kermorgant's hat-trick and Harry Arter's double helped Bournemouth thump Doncaster Rovers 5-0, while Daryl Murphy's first-half strike gave Ipswich Town a 1-0 victory over Birmingham City.