Veteran defender Ian Harte has signed a new one-year deal at Bournemouth.

The 36-year-old, who was out of contract at Dean Court at the end of the season, will make his 25th appearance of the season in Good Friday's clash with Sheffield Wednesday and will stay with the club until the summer of 2015.

" We've been talking for the last week, 10 days, but as soon as the gaffer said he wanted to keep me, I was only too happy to stay," the former Leeds defender told the club's official website.

"It's great to put pen to paper and sign for another season. The team is going places and it's great to be part of that.

"It has been a really enjoyable season. We have a young squad and they are all willing to learn under a young manager.

"With me being the oldest member of the team, hopefully I can pass on some experience.

"This whole year has been great, but hopefully we can top it off by getting into the top six and then the play-off final.

"The most important thing though is to focus on the next game and getting three points."