Tuesday 7th February


Swindon Town will meet Chesterfield in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final at Wembley after beating Barnet 1-0 at The County Ground.

After a 1-1 draw in the first leg, the home side made their numerical advantage count after 17 minutes - with Barnet's Mark Hughes off the field receiving treatment - as Alan Connell found space to meet a perfect delivery from Paul Caddis.

The Robins had chances to extend their lead before the break, with Barnet goalkeeper Dean Brill on hand to deny close-range efforts from Raffaele De Vita and Paul Benson.

Despite making a resilient beginning to the second half, Barnet failed to create any openings, with leading scorer Izale McLeod isolated.

Town's highly-rated Matt Ritchie continued to create openings for the home side, causing the Bees problems on the wing.

A goal down in the tie, Barnet's hopes worsened after 85 minutes when substitute Charlie Taylor, who had been on the pitch for just 10 minutes, was shown a straight red card for a foul on Oliver Risser.

Connell's solitary strike was enough for Swindon to progress to the final, with Barnet rarely causing any problems. Monday 30th January


Chesterfield are through to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final at Wembley after winning 1-0 at Oldham Athletic in the Northern Area Final second leg to seal a 3-1 aggregate victory.

Oldham dominated most of the game, but veteran Jack Lester sealed the Spireites' success with a late goal.

Oldham were denied by the woodwork after less than three minutes when Shefki Kuqi raced on to Robbie Simpson's pass and crashed his shot against the post from 12-yards.

Filipe Morais and Chris Taylor both brought saves from Chesterfield goalkeeper Tommy Lee, but the home side wasted a string of first-half chances.

Drew Talbot should have scored for Chesterfield just after the restart, only to fire straight at keeper Alex Cisak, but the excellent Lee again did well to thwart Morais and Kuqi.

Lester struck on 88 minutes, bundling into an empty net from close range after a defensive blunder between Cisak and Jean Yves Mvoto.

Wednesday 18th January


It was a tale of two penalties as Chesterfield edged an entertaining first leg of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Northern Final at the b2net Stadium with a 2-1 victory over Oldham Athletic.

Danny Whitaker dispatched his spot kick after Shefki Kuqi had fired his against the top of the crossbar in between a second-half opener from Scott Boden and a spectacular goal from Robbie Simpson.

Boden could have scored twice in the first half but he fluffed his lines badly, heading Drew Talbot's cross wide from four yards in the 12th minute and then miskicking in front of goal when Jack Lester set him up in the 36th minute.

But he made no mistake four minutes into the second half when James Hurst crossed to the back post and Boden arrived to sidefoot past Alex Cisak.

Oldham wasted a great chance to level when Kuqi was pulled over by Josh Thompson in the 54th minute only for the Finn to drive his spot kick against the bar but the visitors equalised four minutes later when Simpson beat Tommy Lee with a swerving 30-yard strike.

Chesterfield regained the lead in the 66th minute when Lester was tripped by James Tarkowski, and Whitaker beat Cisak by drilling the penalty down the middle to give his team a narrow advantage to take to Oldham a week on Monday.

Tuesday 10th January


Mark Hughes' second-half equaliser was overshadowed by a serious injury to Barnet defender Danny Senda in a 1-1 draw with Swindon in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Area final first leg at Underhill.

The 30-year-old was stretchered off with a suspected broken leg late in the first half before Aden Flint opened the scoring for Swindon.

Hughes levelled things up in the second half with a nodded header to set up a tantalising second leg at the County Ground on February 7.

Barnet had the better of the early exchanges but Sam Deering wasted their best chance as he lashed over from 10 yards.

After Senda had gone off five minutes before the break, Swindon grabbed the opener, Flint powering in a header at the back post from a Paul Caddis cross.

The Robins threatened to put the tie out of reach early in the second half but were made to pay for their profligacy in front of goal.

Skipper Hughes found some space in the box and nodded in a free-kick from Mark Marshall 18 minutes from time.