Sunday 25th August

Coventry City scored a dramatic injury-time equaliser to claim a thrilling 4-4 draw with Preston North End. Goals from Tom Clarke and Bailey Wright had twice put the visitors ahead but Coventry fought back through Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson to level.

Wilson grabbed his second of the game to give the Sky Blues the lead with seven minutes to go but Preston substitute Joel Byrom levelled minutes later. Chris Humphrey appeared to have won it in injury-time for Preston but Mathieu Manset flicked into the net shortly afterwards to ensure a share of the spoils after the eight-goal epic.

Saturday 24th August

Leyton Orient returned to the top of the Sky Bet League 1 standings after breaking a century-old club record with a 2-0 home triumph over Crewe Alexandra.

For the first time in 103 years Orient have won their first four games of the season after first-half goals from Moses Odubajo and David Mooney - whose successful 37th-minute penalty came six minutes after strike partner Kevin Lisbie had missed from the spot - earned them the spoils at Brisbane Road.

The victory sees Orient climb above Wolverhampton Wanderers and into top spot although they are level on 12 points with Peterborough United.

Posh maintained their perfect start with a 5-0 mauling of 10-man Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park.

Tranmere were already trailing to goals from Tommy Rowe (14 minutes) and Tyrone Barnett (34) when they lost Andrai Jones to a red card in the 38th minute for bringing down Barnett inside the area.

Grant McCann dispatched the subsequent penalty and record signing Britt Assombalonga - with his fourth goal for the club - and Mark Little added further efforts in the second half.

Brentford are in fourth spot after Clayton Donaldson's first goal of the season earned them a 1-0 home win over previously unbeaten Walsall, while a point further back are Bradford City following another memorable day for their striker Nahki Wells.

Wells scored for the eighth consecutive game to break a club record and put Bradford ahead at home to Sheffield United and the 23-year-old then added a second late on to complete a 2-0 win.

At the foot of the table, James Dunne's injury-time goal earned Stevenage their first points of the season and inflict a third defeat in four games on opponents Notts County.

Relegated Bristol City are still searching for their first triumph despite Sam Baldock netting twice against former club Milton Keynes Dons.

Baldock twice put City ahead with goals in the 36th and 66th minutes but the home side hit back both times through Patrick Bamford (52) and Samir Carruthers (69) as the game ended 2-2.

That was the same scoreline in the matches between Swindon Town and Gillingham and Rotherham United and Shrewsbury Town.

Like rivals Bristol City, Swindon twice led against Gillingham through goals from Nathan Byrne (12) and Nathan Thompson (68) but they were pegged back both times from efforts by Danny Kedwell (18) and Cody McDonald (85).

At the New York Stadium, Daniel Nardiello came off the bench to rescue Rotherham's unbeaten record before seeing red.

Tom Bradshaw (63) had threatened to give Shrewsbury victory with his first away goal since April 2011 after Jon Taylor (21) earlier headed the visitors in front before Alex Revell (57) fired in an equaliser.

However, Nardiello drew Rotherham level in 69th minute before being sent off late on.

Also, Oldham Athletic survived a missed penalty from former striker Lee Hughes to beat Port Vale 3-1, with Adam Rooney netting a brace for the victors.

Rooney headed Oldham in front (15) but Jennison Myrie-Williams equalised in style (31) before Hughes had his spot-kick saved (38). Rooney made him pay from close range (57) before James Dayton added a third (77).

Friday 23rd August

Leigh Griffiths' injury-time penalty fired Wolverhampton Wanderers to the top of Sky Bet League 1 as Kenny Jackett's side secured a dramatic 2-1 win over Crawley Town at Molineux.

Substitute Griffiths struck in the fourth minute of time added on at the end of the match - seconds after Billy Clarke looked to have rescued a deserved point for the visitors with an equalising goal.

Freddie Sears' second-half equaliser for Colchester United denied Carlisle United their first win of the season as an entertaining Sky Bet League 1 fixture at the Weston Homes Community Stadium finished in a 1-1 draw.

Carlisle took a fourth-minute lead when left-back Matty Robson lashed home a fine low shot from 20 yards which flew past home goalkeeper Sam Walker and into the back of the net but Sears drew the U's level in the second period and that's how it ended.