Saturday 15th February

Top two Brentford and Wolverhampton Wanderers picked up victories on Saturday to tighten their grip on the automatic promotion positions in Sky Bet League 1.

Brentford remain two points clear at the top following a comfortable 3-1 win at strugglers Crewe Alexandra.

Alan Judge bagged a brace with Adam Forshaw adding the third for the Bees before Arsenal loanee Chuks Aneke converted a consolation penalty after he was fouled by Harlee Dean.

The defeat leaves Crewe 20th in the table after the side directly below them, Notts County, were beaten 2-0 at Wolves.

Michael Jacobs scored a first-half header before adding a second with a smart finish to give Kenny Jackett's side their fifth straight victory and keep the pressure on Brentford.

Third-placed Leyton Orient travelled to fourth-placed Preston North End, with a moving tribute to Sir Tom Finney observed by both sides before they played out a 1-1 draw.

Mathieu Baudry scored just before half-time to put the visitors in front at an emotional Deepdale but Joe Garner earned a share of the spoils after converting a second-half penalty.

Lee Frecklington struck with two minutes remaining to move fifth-placed Rotherham United closer to the teams above them as they recorded a 2-1 win at home to bottom club Stevenage.

Wes Thomas put the hosts in front on 41 minutes but Stevenage looked to have salvaged an unlikely point when Francois Zoko scored from close range with just four minutes remaining.

But Frecklington grabbed the winner with a well-taken finish from just outside the box.

Tranmere Rovers twice came from behind to secure a 2-2 draw at Bristol City, with both just two points clear of the relegation zone.

Sam Baldock put City ahead on 13 minutes only for Jake Cassidy to level matters six minutes later.

Derrick Williams headed the hosts back in front with 78 minutes gone but they only led for two minutes the second time around, with Jason Koumas earning Tranmere a point.

Ben Reeves scored in the last minute to hand Milton Keynes Dons a 2-1 comeback victory at home to Oldham Athletic.

Adam Lockwood's header had given the visitors a half-time lead before Sam Carruthers equalised early after the interval, with Genseric Kusunga dismissed for a second yellow card.

Reeves then capitalised on the one-man advantage to wrap up the three points for the Dons as he converted Carruthers' pass late on.

Shrewsbury Town and Port Vale drew 0-0 at Greenhous Meadow, with the hosts still mired in the relegation zone and Vale remaining ninth.