Crawley Town joined Southend United and Cheltenham Town in a three-way tie for the npower League 2 lead after their rivals both fell to defeat.

The Red Devils were held to a 1-1 draw away to Plymouth Argyle after Maxime Blanchard's injury-time overhead kick snatched a point for the hosts following Pablo Mills' 45th-minute header. But it was enough to move them second, joining their promotion rivals on 52 points from 25 games. Argyle, meanwhile, moved out of the bottom two with the point.

Southend remain top thanks to their superior goal difference after a 2-1 defeat away to 10-man Shrewsbury.

The Shrews, who had Marvin Morgan sent off just 28 minutes in for a bad foul on JP Kalala, took a 53rd minute lead through James Collins' penalty after he had been fouled by the Shrimpers' Peter Gilbert. Ryan Hall (66) equalised for Southend only for Jermaine Grandison to head the winner eight minutes from time.

Cheltenham, meanwhile, lost their 10-match unbeaten run in a 2-0 defeat at home to Bristol Rovers as Mark McGhee made a winning start as Pirates boss. A four-minute lapse proved Cheltenham's undoing as Chris Zebroski put Rovers ahead in the 60th minute and Eliot Richards headed home moments later.


Fourth-placed Swindon Town took advantage to gain ground on the top three as they edged Macclesfield Town 1-0 at home. Paul Benson (76) headed past Jose Veiga for the game's only goal, before the Silkmen had Nathaniel Brown sent off late on for violent conduct.

Torquay United leapfrogged Gillingham into the Play-Off places with a 2-1 win away to mid-table Morecambe. Mark Ellis' close range opener in the 17th minute put them ahead and Danny Stevens (81) made it 2-0 before Will Haining pulled one back for the home team. Gillingham lost 4-3 to AFC Wimbledon in a thriller in Kent.

The Gills had led 2-0 through Gavin Tomlin and Jo Kuffour. AFC Wimbledon pulled one back through Luke Moore before Tomlin's second made it 3-1. Garry Richards' own goal sparked a fightback, though, as Jack Midson's 79th-minute penalty levelled the scores and the same player grabbed the winner with less than two minutes to play.


Dagenham & Redbridge lost 4-1 at Crewe Alexandra. The Daggers had actually taken the lead through Brian Woodall (17) but Greg Pearson, Abu Ogogo's own goal, Adam Dugdale and Nick Powell turned the game on its head.

Veteran Oxford United defender Michael Duberry scored two own goals and a late equaliser as his side drew 2-2 at home to Hereford United.

Chris Palmer equalised five minutes from time to earn Burton & Albion a 1-1 draw at Bradford City following Andrew Davies' strike, while Barnet came from behind to win 2-1 at Northampton Town. Port Vale grabbed a creditable 1-0 win at Rotherham United while Aldershot Town and Accrington Stanley drew 0-0.