Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town moved six points clear at the top of npower League 2 and heaped more woe on rock-bottom Dagenham and Redbridge with a 4-0 win at the County Ground.

Billy Bodin, Joe Devera, Luke Rooney and Paul Benson all scored for Swindon, but the result was barely in doubt after the visitors had Josh Scott sent off just past the half hour mark for violent conduct.

Second-placed Cheltenham Town led through Darryl Duffy's early strike at Morecambe but collapsed to a 3-1 defeat. Kevin Ellison's double and another from Izak Reid gave the Shrimps the points.

Shrewsbury Town missed the chance to move into the automatic promotion positions but escaped with a point after an injury time equaliser from Matthew Richards at home to Oxford United. The visitors twice led through a Lee Holmes brace, but Mark Wright hauled them back early in the second half and Richards' last-gasp strike kept the Shrews fourth.


Rene Howe's seventh minute goal helped Torquay United make ground with a 1-0 home win over Aldershot Town while second half goals from Dennis Oli, Jordan Obita and Charlie Lee gave Gillingham a 3-1 win over Barnet, who had taken a surprise 39th minute lead through Clovis Kamdjo.

Port Vale also stayed in the Play-Off hunt after cruising to a 3-0 win over Burton Albion. Marc Richards opened the scoring two minutes before the break and Louis Dodds added a late brace.


Northampton Town took a big stride towards safety with a 3-2 win over Bristol Rovers at Sixfields. Two from Adebayo Akinfenwa and another from Kelvin Langmead put the Cobblers 3-0 up inside 20 minutes. Craig Stanley and Lee Brown responded late.

Plymouth Argyle also continued their clamber towards safety with a 2-1 win at AFC Wimbledon. Onismor Bhasera gave Plymouth a first minute lead and after Jack Midson equalised, Nick Chadwick hit a 49th minute winner for the Pilgrims.

Hereford United remain in the danger zone after blowing a 2-0 lead at home to Macclesfield town. Will Evans put his side 2-0 in front at Edgar Street but Sam Wedgbury and Matthew Hamshaw responded for the hosts.

Rotherham United and Crewe Alexandra drew 1-1 with a Harry Davis penalty cancelled out by Lewis Grabban for the Millers, and Accrington Stanley edged a 1-1 draw at Bradford City, Will Hatfield equalising in injury time after the Bantams went ahead through Nahki Wells.