Gillingham manager Martin Allen masterminded a 3-1 victory over former club Barnet that kept his side at the top of npower League 2.

The Gills raced into a two-goal lead through Jack Payne's 20-yarder and Danny Kedwell's header after 11 minutes. Jack Saville nodded Barnet back into the game but Deon Burton restored the two-goal cushion six minutes before half-time.

Exeter City made it three wins from three away games as they ended Oxford United's 100% home record with a 4-2 victory at Kassam Stadium.

Jamie Cureton's well-taken finish from distance, Scot Bennett's header from Liam Sercombe's corner and another from veteran striker Cureton put the visitors three clear.

Jake Forster-Caskey's penalty and Alfie Potter's header reduced the arrears, but John O'Flynn settled matters before James Constable received two quick-fire bookings late on.

Port Vale's Tom Pope hit four goals against former club Rotherham United in a 6-2 rout. Louis Dodds and Ashley Vincent grabbed their other goals, while Michael O'Connor and Daniel Nardiello netted for the shellshocked Millers.

Jon Parkin's hat-trick swept Fleetwood Town to a 4-0 win at Morecambe - their third successive league victory, while Jason Walker maintained York City's unbeaten run as he snatched a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw with Chesterfield.

Northampton Town condemned AFC Wimbledon to a third successive away defeat after goals from Alex Nicholls and Chris Hackett completed a 2-0 win and Wycombe Wanderers received the perfect start against Cheltenham Town but failed to capitalise in a 1-1 draw at Adams Park.

Torquay United claimed their first clean sheet in four games as they fought out a goalless draw with Plymouth Argyle, while substitute Fabian Broghammer saved Bristol Rovers from a fourth defeat in as many home games after scoring from close range to secure a 2-2 draw with Aldershot Town.

Matthew Paterson scored his first goal for Burton Albion to seal a 1-0 victory at Rochdale, while Accrington Stanley and Bradford City drew 1-1. Elsewhere, Britt Assombalonga scored twice as Southend United beat Dagenham and Redbridge 3-1.