Gillingham maintained their five-point lead at the top of npower League 2 after Adam Barrett secured a late 2-2 draw at Plymouth Argyle.

The Gills looked to be slumping to their second defeat of the season when Luke Young put the hosts ahead with 11 minutes to go but Barrett headed in with two minutes remaining. Earlier, Curtis Nelson put Plymouth ahead but Ben Strevens equalised after 38 minutes.

Second-placed Port Vale could not capitalise after drawing 0-0 at Southend United and are now level on 32 points with Cheltenham Town, who edged out Burton Albion 1-0 thanks to a late Chris Zebroski goal.

A Nahki Wells brace enabled Bradford City to move up to fourth with a 2-0 win at rock-bottom Aldershot Town while Fleetwood Town were twice pegged back in a 2-2 draw at Exeter City.

Phil McNulty and Barry Nicholson gave the north-west side the lead on two occasions but the Grecians earned a point thanks to a Jamie Cureton effort and a John O'Flynn spot-kick.

Bobby Grant scored a deflected last-minute winner as Rochdale won 2-1 at struggling Wycombe Wanderers. Ashley Grimes' early effort was cancelled out by Wanderers' Joel Grant but Rochdale snatched it when Bobby Grant netted in the closing seconds.

Torquay United slipped out of the Play-Off spots after a 0-0 draw at Oxford United and promotion hopefuls Rotherham United were thrashed 5-0 at Dagenham and Redbridge. Dwight Gayle and Luke Howell both scored twice as Dagenham ran riot with Medy Elito also getting on the scoresheet.

Adebayo Akinfenwa scored his first senior hat-trick as the Northampton Town came from behind to win 4-2 at Accrington Stanley. Stanley led 2-1 after George Miller and Rommy Boco cancelled out Akinfenwa's opener but Northampton substitute Jake Robinson levelled and burly striker Akinfenwa secured the points for the visitors with two late strikes.

AFC Wimbledon moved away from the bottom two with a surprise 3-0 win at York City. Byron Harrison and Stacy Long put the Dons in control and Jack Midson added a third from the spot.

Richard Brodie scored two penalties as Morecambe beat Barnet 4-1 while Tom Eaves netted an 80th-minute winner as Bristol Rovers beat Chesterfield 3-2 in a five-goal thriller.