Gillingham replaced Port Vale at the top of npower League 2 thanks to a 2-1 victory over Dagenham & Redbridge at Priestfield.

Leon Legge's goal on the half-hour gave the Gills the advantage but that was cancelled out by Femi Ilesanmi seven minutes into the second half.

A 69th-minute penalty from Deon Burton put Gillingham back in front, though, and they defended that lead to move two points clear at the top.

Port Vale slipped to second with a 1-0 loss at home to Morecambe, courtesy of Lewis Alessandra's 64th-minute goal. Morecambe played the last 17 minutes with a man less after a red card for Andrew Wright but Vale were unable to find the target.

Burton Albion moved into the automatic promotion places with a 4-0 hammering of Play-Off chasing Fleetwood Town. Jacques Maghoma scored twice for the visitors, the first from the penalty spot, with Billy Kee and Calvin Zola adding to the tally in a dominant second-half performance from the Brewers.

That pushed Cheltenham Town out of the top three, with the Robins held to a 1-1 draw by relegation-threatened Aldershot Town. Danny Rose gave the visitors a surprise 24th-minute lead but Paul Benson levelled things up midway through the second half, before Anthony Tonkin was sent off for the Shots.

Rotherham United and Northampton Town gave their Play-Off hopes a boost with wins. The Millers edged past Chesterfield 1-0 with a second-half goal from Johnny Mullins, while the Cobblers had Kelvin Langmead to thank for their 2-1 win at Southend United.

AFC Wimbledon remain at the foot of the table but moved within a point of safety with a late 2-1 win over Capital One Cup finalists Bradford City. The Yorkshire club led through Garry Thompson, but Jack Midson evened things up seven minutes from time before Gary Alexander hit a last-minute winner for the Wombles.

Ryan Brunt scored the only goal as Bristol Rovers beat Wycombe Wanderers 1-0, and it was the same scoreline at the Spotland Stadium where Rochdale saw off Torquay United with a first-half effort from Rhys Bennett.

James Constable was on target for Oxford United in a 1-0 victory at Plymouth Argyle, while Barnet came from behind to claim a 2-1 win at York City with goals from Andrew Yiadom and Jake Hyde. Michael Rankine had put York ahead after seven minutes at Bootham Crescent.