Saturday 14th December

Oxford United extended their Sky Bet League 2 unbeaten run to six games, seeing off Dagenham and Redbridge 2-1 to stay top of the table.

Dave Kitson's 90th-minute goal stole the spoils for the hosts, after James Constable's early goal. Rhys Murphy's strike had Dagenham on level terms at the break, but Kitson's late finish ensured Oxford kept the chasing Chesterfield and Fleetwood Town at bay in the standings.

Both Oxford's closest challengers pulled off good wins; Chesterfield beating Plymouth Argyle 2-0 and Fleetwood running out 2-1 winners at Rochdale.

Matt Brown's ninth-minute goal and Marc Richards' penalty were enough to see Chesterfield home.

Mark Roberts had to rescue Fleetwood with an 84th-minute winner at Rochdale. Antoni Sarcevic's penalty opened the scoring for the visitors, before Scott Hogan equalised for Rochdale.

Newport County's 2-0 win at Portsmouth leaves them fourth, sneaking them ahead of Scunthorpe United and Burton Albion on goal difference. Adam Chapman and Michael Flynn claimed the goals that guided Newport home.

Scunthorpe missed the chance to jump as high as second, dropping two points in a 1-1 draw at Wycombe Wanderers. Deon Burton's 49th-minute strike looked to have the Iron on course for victory, especially when Wycombe had Josh Scowen sent off after 70 minutes.

But Leon Johnson's last-gasp equaliser denied the visitors the opportunity to stake a place among the automatic promotion berths.

Billy Kee had to rescue a 1-1 draw for Burton against York City, and spare team-mate Shane Cansdell-Sherriff's blushes. Defender Cansdell-Sherriff put through his own net midway through the first half, and Burton needed Kee to salvage a point with less than 20 minutes to play.

Torquay United ground out an impressive 1-0 home victory over seventh-placed Southend United, but still remain bottom of the table.

Despite now matching Northampton Town's 18 points, Torquay stay at the table's foot thanks to their inferior goal difference. John Marquis' goal five minutes into the second half was enough for a hugely creditable result.

Padraig Amond and Jack Redshaw claimed second-half goals as Morecambe came from behind to beat Bristol Rovers 2-1. John-Joe O'Toole had fired Rovers into the lead on the half hour, but the hosts hit back to climb to ninth in the table.

Tom Nichols' two goals in five minutes had Exeter in early control at Accrington Stanley, and Alan Gow added a third before the half hour. Peter Murphy and Kal Naismith brought Accrington back into the match, before Gow missed a late penalty, but the Grecians held out for the 3-2 victory.

Mansfield Town avoided a club-record seven straight defeats, but still could not claim victory. AFC Wimbledon were equally ineffective in front of goal, with the tie ending 0-0.

Cheltenham Town surrendered a two-goal lead at home to draw 2-2 with Hartlepool United. Jermaine McGlashan and Kemar Roofe fired the hosts into a healthy half-time lead, only for Jonathan Franks to strike twice after the break.

Chris Hackett's missed penalty proved costly as Northampton Town could only draw 1-1 at Bury. Daniel Nardiello's spot-kick gave Bury the lead, before Dean Howell put through his own net to bring Northampton level.

Just before the break Hackett had that chance to put the Cobblers ahead, but he couldn't convert, and Aidy Boothroyd's men remain in the bottom two.