Saturday 21st December

Oxford United missed the chance to go top of Sky Bet League 2 after they were held to a goalless draw at York City.

The result leaves the Us one point behind leaders Chesterfield, who beat Exeter City 2-0 on Friday.

Scunthorpe United moved into third thanks to a 2-0 home victory over Morecambe, with Deon Burton scoring both goals in the first half.

Fourth-placed Fleetwood Town and fifth-placed Burton Albion, meanwhile, both dropped points.

Fleetwood were defeated 2-0 at home by Cheltenham Town after Troy Brown headed the opening goal from close range in the first minute, with Jermaine McGlashan scoring their second in stoppage time.

Burton drew 1-1 away at Hartlepool United after Phil Edwards' 18th-minute goal was cancelled out by Bradley Walker midway through the second half.

Two stoppage time goals saw Accrington Stanley claim a dramatic 3-2 win over Mansfield Town.

Kal Naismith and James Gray scored in added on time to cancel out a John McCombe double for the home side, after Naismith had set his side on the road to the win with his first goal in the 48th minute.

Meanwhile, Wycombe Wanderers thrashed rock bottom Northampton Town 4-1. Jo Kuffour opened the scoring within the first 60 seconds, with Kortney Hause's header giving them a 2-0 lead at the break.

Izale McLeod hit back for the Cobblers early in the second half before two goals in five minutes late in the game for Stuart Lewis and Dean Morgan ensured a comfortable victory with Aidy Boothroyd being sacked by Town after the game.

Elsewhere, Caolan Lavery opened the scoring for Plymouth Argyle as they hosted Bury, with Chris Sedgwick's equaliser not enough to secure a point for the visitors, as Reuben Reid found a 78th-minute winner.

In the other games, Aaron Downes' 50th-minute header saw Torquay United claim a 1-0 away win over Dagenham and Redbridge, while goals from Ollie Clarke and David Clarkson saw Bristol Rovers triumph 2-0 over Portsmouth.

Newport County's match against AFC Wimbledon was postponed.