Thursday 26th December

Oxford United spurned the chance to move top of Sky Bet League 2 as Reuben Reid's brace claimed a fine win for Plymouth Argyle.

Chesterfield could only draw 1-1 at home with 10-man Hartlepool United, Tendai Darikwa's goal for the leaders being cancelled out by Matthew Dolan's penalty before Pools had Andy Monkhouse sent off.

Victory would have taken Oxford top but Plymouth pulled off a last-gasp 3-2 victory at the Kassam Stadium.

Reid's late seven-minute brace included a penalty, adding to Caolan Lavery's strike.

Asa Hall and an own goal from Curtis Nelson had Oxford hopeful of snatching a late draw but Plymouth held out.

Scunthorpe United were another side who wasted a chance to move to the top of the pile, only able to draw 2-2 at lowly Bury.

Striker Sam Winnall's double put Scunthorpe on top but he collected a second yellow card for his celebrations after his second goal and Chris Sedgwick and Daniel Nardiello drew the hosts level.

Burton Albion had no such trouble against Northampton Town, Ian Sharps notching the winning goal in the 85th minute for a 1-0 scoreline that kept his side fourth in the table.

Michael Flynn's goal handed Newport County a 1-0 win at Wycombe Wanderers while Cauley Woodrow fired Southend United to 1-0 victory at AFC Wimbledon, who had George Francomb sent off just before half-time.

Two goals from Scott Hogan and another from Matthew Lund helped Rochdale see off Mansfield Town 3-0 and move up to seventh in the table.

Fleetwood Town slipped out of the Play-Off places by virtue of a 1-0 loss at Morecambe, Padraig Amond firing the winner for the hosts.

Evergreen striker Jamie Cureton claimed the only goal in Cheltenham Town's 1-0 home victory over Exeter City while Romain Padovani's goal was enough for Portsmouth to dispatch Dagenham and Redbridge 1-0.

Wes Fletcher's penalty could not inspire York City to victory at Accrington Stanley, who had George Bowerman to thank for securing a 1-1 draw.

John Marquis' penalty handed Torquay United a home lead after just six minutes, but the Devon side could not hold on as Matt Harrold's strike earned Bristol Rovers a 1-1 draw.