Saturday 15th March.

The Sky Bet League 2 title race retained a familiar look after the four leading clubs all won on Saturday afternoon.

Chesterfield looked like surrendering top spot after failing to win in three attempts but Paul Cook's men rallied to beat nine-man Oxford United 3-0 at the Proact Stadium.

Oliver Banks opened the scoring on eight minutes and Gary Roberts doubled the Spireites' lead from the penalty spot eight minutes later.

Any hopes Oxford harboured of forcing a draw disappeared when Tom Newey and Michael Raynes were both sent off in the last 10 minutes and Roberts duly rubberstamped the result in stoppage time.

Scunthorpe United remained second and one point off the pace after overcoming Plymouth Argyle 2-0 at Home Park.

It took the Iron a while to make the breakthrough but, after Dave Syers fired home on 79 minutes, Jake Cole's own goal settled it.

There was a trickier challenge for Rochdale, who rallied from behind to down Accrington Stanley 2-1 at Spotland thanks to a brace from Matthew Lund.

The Dale midfielder cancelled out Piero Mingoia's opener and pounced in time-added-on to keep his club in third.

Chasing the top three is Fleetwood Town and the Lancashire side looked impressive when beating Portsmouth 3-1. Goals from Jon Parkin, Antoni Sarcevic and Jamille Matt rendered Jed Wallace's effort for Pompey a consolation.

Burton Albion could have been fourth if not for Darren Jones' last-gasp equaliser for AFC Wimbledon at the Pirelli Stadium. Billy Kee's first-half penalty had put the Brewers in the ascendancy for most of the match.

North-east clubs York City and Hartlepool United continued their respective marches towards the Play-Off places by producing impressive home wins.

Josh Carson and Ryan Bowman earned the Minstermen a 2-0 win over 10-man Wycombe Wanderers, who had Sam Togwell dismissed at the death, while Hartlepool put Bristol Rovers to the sword at Victoria Park.

There was no denying Pools all three points as Marlon Harewood, Brad Walker, Simon Walton and Jonathan Franks ran riot to guide Colin Cooper's men to within three points of seventh place.

Southend United lost substitute Barry Corr to a red card but held on to draw 0-0 at home against Bury. The Shrimpers remain in seventh despite those dropped points.

Torquay United suffered a setback in their battle to avoid the drop as Matt Richards' goal saw them leave Cheltenham Town as 1-0 losers.

Northampton Town failed to fully capitalise on a home meeting with 10-man Mansfield Town. Oliver Palmer gave the mid-table Stags the lead but Darryl Westlake's dismissal allowed Darren Carter's penalty to grab a share of the spoils from a 1-1 draw.

Torquay are now seven points shy of safety with 10 games remaining while Chris Wilder's Cobblers are two adrift.

Elsewhere, Medy Elito and Mark Hughes exchanged goals as Dagenham and Redbridge drew 1-1 with Morecambe.